I’ve put together a graduation guide below full of gifts that worth the money and that your graduate will actually use as they transition to life after high school soon! I still can’t believe that this time has come and what’s more, I can’t believe one of my own babies is going to be walking across that stage in mere weeks. Where has the time gone?? That being said, I wanted to put together a graduation guide for gifts that I felt would be worth the money and that could be utilized both now & when they head off to brave the big world!
You might remember that I made a similar guide last year, but I wanted to have some fresh ideas that are up to date with what’s trending now and what I’ve found while preparing for my own daughter to graduate in a couple weeks. Whether it’s your own child, another family member or a family friend, if you know a soon-to-be graduate in need of a solid graduation gift, this guide is going to be a big help. There’s great gift ideas for those headed to college, starting a new career, or ready to go out and explore the world!
1. All Night Festival bag by LuluLemon – This bag is perfect to wear over your shoulder or across the body, especially when going out with friends to lunch, traveling, etc. It’s the perfect bag for a day on the town and it fits all the essentials needed! It comes in such cute colors and is simple yet sophisticated. This is a gift that can easily be used over and over again.
2. Kodak Mini Wireless Instant Photo – Your new graduate is going to be making lots of memories over the next few years, whether at college, studying abroad, or even everyday life. I considered sharing a Polaroid camera, but I love that the Kodak mini is wireless and compatible with any device to print photos directly from your phone’s camera roll! This makes it easy to print off those memories and add them to a scrapbook or bulletin board.
3. Mini Gold Hoop earrings by JBD – These cute hoops are a favorite of mine because they pair well with just about any outfit! They are 14k gold filled so they don’t tarnish & they can be worn day to day. Mini hoops are perfect for your graduate as they go into the busy adult life. They’ve become a must have in Joce by Design and make for the perfect graduation gift!
4. PURA Smart Home Scents – Some college dorms/apartments don’t allow candles due to hazards, housing rules, roommate allergies, etc. PURA is currently my favorite smart home fragrance device that is perfect for any high school graduate who’s all about scents. Their company even carries popular fragrances like Volcano by Anthropologie and others so your graduate can still have their favorite scents and then some. You can purchase the device and a couple scents to get them started, then have your student replenish as needed at a low price!
5. Tile Mate Tracker – No longer will mom be around to tell them where their keys are or if anyone’s seen their backpack; this is where Tile Mate comes in! Simply attach it to your backpack, keychain, purse, etc. and when your kid is looking for something while away from home, they can tune into the app and find what’s missing. This is similar to Apple Tags, however I love that Tiles will emit a loud beeping noise to help locate the missing items quicker!
6. Airpod Pros – Life after graduation can get pretty busy but one thing post-high school graduates are sure to love are Airpod Pros. Music is a huge part of our lives and whether your kid is headed to college or to explore the big world, they’re most likely going to appreciate a solid pair of headphones to take their music with them wherever they go!
7. Kootek Camping Hammock – Here in southern Utah, the university’s slogan is “active learning, active life” & the students here live by that for sure! If you have a graduate leaving the nest, you probably want them to continue to live a healthy lifestyle. If they’re someone who enjoys the outdoors, they’re going to love this gift! Hammocking is such a fun activity and one that I’ve noticed teens & young adults these days enjoy doing when out on hikes or going camping. This is a great portable gift to have that they can use no matter where they’re headed!
8. Homesick Candles – The name of this company is so fitting & the concept is so creative. I know this one says Texas, but did you know Homesick Candles are available in most if not all of the 50 US states? If you’ve got a fresh graduate leaving home soon, give them a little piece, or rather scent, of home to take with them as they branch out! These are also available in different cities, each one a unique scent representing a different location.
9. Nike Sportswear RPM backpack – In need of a solid backpack after high school that’s going to last years? Here’s one by Nike that has plenty of pockets, zippers, and storage space for the everyday college class essentials. There’s lots of space for laptops, accessories, water bottles, and more PLUS it’s cute & stylish!
10. Apple Watch – One thing I love about Apple watches is that you can track your steps/physical activity throughout the day. It’s also super handy for new graduates who are about to learn what it’s like to multitask in the adult world! They can keep track of their health, notifications, and other apps from their watch.
11. Things They Don’t Teach You in School card game – Have you tried this game yet?? I have yet to try it but have heard good things about it and how funny the trivia is! It’s a bit pricey, but your soon-to-be graduate is going to love the game nights to come with friends and/or roommates in college after graduation. What’s more is when they do visit home, they can bring games along to share with the family!
Covid knocked me out good for about a week so I’m excited to be back! Last week I went LIVE on Facebook doing a bit of a Q & A about SEINT makeup. If you have questions about it and are on the fence to get started, the best thing to do is to start with a color match by me for free! Be sure to check out the LIVE from Tuesday and watch the comments in real time to see what people asked as you might have the same questions.
Thursday I talked hair using L’ange and also showed how I style my hair using the L’ange Le Cinq wand set! If you don’t have the Le Cinq, it’s a solid set to have on hand for mixing up those curls. You can create different styles using the different attachments!
Shade of the Month: Audrey
In case you missed it last week, the new Shade of the Month has been announced for May and she is BEAUTIFUL! Say hello to AUDREY! Sophisticated, timeless, and the perfect shade of soft pink, Audrey is an all around classic beauty. With a satin/matte finish, wear this neutral shade on your lips & cheeks for a subtle, elevated look!
4 Replies to “Graduation Guide”
Great suggestions. I have a daughter who is graduating university! Where do the years go?
Thank you Joce for all the ideas for our graduates as well as birthday gifts..
Love these ideas, thank you! My daughter graduates from college this weekend. How is that possible?!?! Congratulations to your grad!
Aww so exciting!! Congratulations to yours as well love – you must be so proud!