You may have heard me talk about “Decluttering for Smiles” whether on Instagram, Facebook, or my newsletters. What I mean by this is when we are intentional about decluttering certain areas of our lives, not only are we more organized, but our minds are more at ease, our anxiety is relieved…we smile more.
One area of your home that may need some decluttering TLC at the moment is your bathroom, specifically your countertops and drawers. That is why I’m sharing this with you, and you’ll understand more as you read this post. The item I’m sharing for your bathroom organization is truly a huge overall roll for so many of your needs.
It’s easy to throw all the things in the drawer and close it shut, items getting lost in the depths, maybe never to be seen again. Then, when it does come time to get ready, we open the drawer and are completely overwhelmed and that negative energy can carryover into our day. Not to mention, the time that’s wasted hunting and rummaging to find what you’re looking for. Does this sound familiar?
A few months back, I did a deep clean of my bathroom and I was introduced to these drawer organizers. They’ve helped simplify things so much! Again, you’ll see why I use these throughout my home now.
Let’s take action! Are you ready to start organizing?
1. Checking expiration dates is huge! Skincare and sunscreens don’t have a huge life span so using what we have and knowing expiration dates is important. Instead of buying a ton of different kinds, you can use me as a resource to help narrow products down. You can find a lot of my favs on my Current Hair Care & Sunscreen Guide blog posts (click the titles to be taken to each post).
2. Having a place for everything and everything in its place is huge. If there is no space for it, it does not belong. The organizers I shared above are crazy helpful in creating that space. I also have great deeper drawer ones if you’re needing more.
3. Create specific spaces for each category. If you don’t, you will forget that product even exists. Use a label maker, if needed, to help keep track of the areas.
4. Ditch the makeup bag in the drawer and go for more shallow organized container like the link I shared to organize in this newsletter. Those organizers make it so grabbing things doesn’t waste your time and you know exactly what you have, freeing your mind and space.
5. Bathroom hooks and a cabinet above the toilet are great ways to get things to have a space that makes sense. Have a robe? Hang it. Toilet items around the toilet? Put them in a cute case and on a shelf above the toilet.
Let's dive a little deeper.
Your makeup bag. Be honest – how is that thing looking? Is everything bursting at the seams or are you looking to expand? As some of you may already know, I’m a huge fan of Seint makeup because everything from your foundation, contour, and bronzer to your blush and eyeshadows get effortlessly organized and stored in one easy to use compact. Your makeup bag will be transformed!
Here are some of the ways Seint can help organize your makeup – they are ideas and items that truly step it up a NOTCH.
Seint has a variety of sizes and styles to best meet your needs. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, clicks right into place. These can easily be stored or travel with you anywhere. Having your foundations, contour, blush shades, and eyeshadows all in one place is a gamechanger. It will get you excited about doing your makeup and you can easily swap out shades for the season, keeping them fully customized. I also love that they have mirrors within them. The Demi palette and hard Isle palette have especially big mirrors making it easy to apply your makeup in other places than just the bathroom. These compacts are a great way to get organized with your makeup!
makeup case and travel bag
The makeup case is larger than you think and can hold everything from your compact, brushes, skincare, hair care, and more. It keeps it all in one easy to use space and since it has a firmer exterior, it holds up well in suitcases and carry on bags.
The travel bag is another great way to stay organized with your makeup. It can hold your IIID palettes, brushes, and some other essentials. It fits nicely into your bathroom drawer so you can just grab, put it on the counter, do what you need to do, then put it all away in one organized spot.
Simplify your makeup brushes.
There are a lot of benefits to using Seint, one being their brushes. These are hands down the BEST for applying cream foundation. And what makes them extra special and helps organize your makeup bag is the fact that they are DOUBLE ENDED. Two brushes in one with well thought out purposes to make your makeup game easier.
I needed to provide you with helpful information when it comes to brushes. So many people say to me that they already have brushes; usually the people who tell me this are the same people who have issues when working with a CREAM. When before, they were using a liquid or powder. It makes that big of a difference; they are completely different products even if they’re still known as “foundation.” It truly makes a difference in how and what the brush was made for. Here’s some tips to get to know your brushes and some of my favorite Seint brushes as well if you want some recommendations.
I hope you find this post helpful in beginning to organize and declutter any areas of your life you feel it’s needed. Believe in yourself and your abilities. Remember that every failure is an opportunity to learn and grow, and every obstacle is a chance to become stronger. Embrace the journey and trust that everything will work out in the end. You are capable of greatness, and the world is waiting for you to shine. So go out there and make your dreams a reality!